Chilean seabass with black bean sauce
- 1 lb chilean seabass filets, skin removed, room temperature
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp black bean garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp ginger root, peeled and rough chopped
- 1 scallion, rough chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp oil
- Heat an oiled frying pan until it is smoking hot, then add the ginger root and let it infuse the oil for a few seconds.
- Pat down fish with paper towel until surface is dry, then lightly salt both sides.
- Sear the fish on the hot pan for 2 minutes.
- Mix in oyster, black bean garlic sauce, and about 1 tbsp water. Cook covered for about 10 minutes.
- Turn over the fish and cook, covered, another 5 minutes. Add water as necessary to prevent the sauce from scorching.
- Remove cover and let the sauce thicken and form a crust on the fish.
- Add scallions and toss until they begin to wilt. Plate and serve.