- 4 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- one large jalapeno pepper, small diced
- 1 12oz can fire roasted tomatoes, diced
- 6oz tomato paste
- 2 14oz packages kielbasa
- 1 cup of flour
- 2 sticks of butter
- 1 lb scallops
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced fine
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 bunch of celery, diced
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 tbsp cajun seasoning
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- black pepper
- cayenne pepper
- In a large sauce pan, melt the butter, over medium heat, then stir in flour to make a roux.
- Turn heat up to medium-high, stirring constantly, for about 20 minutes until it browns and smells like popcorn.
- Add the diced onions, garlic, celery and carrots.
- Cook 5 minutes until vegetables soften.
- Add the chicken and beef broth, canned tomatoes, cajun seasoning, and bay leaves. Bring to boil, then simmer, covered, for ~5 minutes.
- Add diced bell pepper and half the kielbasa. Simmer 20 minutes.
- Add the thyme and cook another 5 minutes.
- Add the rest of the kielbasa and the scallops. Bring to a boil.
- Add the jalapeno peppers and cook another minute.
- Remove bay leaves, and serve over steamed rice.