Italian wedding soup
- 1 onion, diced fine
- 1 medium carrot, diced bite size
- 8oz meatballs, preferably marble sized
- 4-5 cups chicken broth
- 2-3 cups leafy greens (kale or spinach), chopped
- 2oz dry pasta, acini de pepe or pastina
- Parmesan cheese, to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil, to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Simmer chicken broth, onions, and carrots over medium heat until carrots are soft, about 10mins.
- Add pasta. If using kale, add it now. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until kale is softening and pasta nearly done.
- Add meatballs and cook until hot, an additional 2-3 minutes.
- If using spinach, add it and cook just until wilted, then turn off heat.
- Serve with extra virgin olive oil and parmesan cheese.