- 1/2 lb shrimp, deshelled
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp neutral oil for frying
- 1 tsp ginger, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp ketchup
- 1/4 cup water, as needed
- 2 tsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp white wine
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 scallion, chopped (optional)
- Combine shrimp, cornstarch, salt, and white pepper. Mix well.
- Heat an oiled pan to high until smoking. Briefly pan fry shrimp on both sides, about one minute per side (depending on size). Remove and set aside.
- Oil the pan and gently heat oil with ginger slices and garlic.
- Mix in sauce ingredients, adding water as necessary to keep the sauce from drying out and scorching. Cook for 2-3 minutes on med-high until incorporated.
- Add shrimp back, tossing until just coated. Serve immediately with steamed rice.