Pan-fried Pork Ribs
A spin on the traditional dish of steamed pork spareribs.
- 1 lb pork spare ribs, cut cross-wise
- scallions, optional
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp black bean sauce
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- dash of garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp msg or chicken powder
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp sherry
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- In a bowl, combine all marinade ingredients and set aside.
- Cut the pork so that the individual rib pieces are separated, and mix well in marinade.
- Marinate, refrigerated, for 48 - 72 hours.
- Heat an oiled pan on high until smoking; then pan fry the ribs for 3 minutes each side, turning them once.
- Lower heat to medium and cover; let cook an additional 3 minutes. Garnish and serve.