Tomato & egg
A take on a classic chinese comfort food.
- 3 tomatoes, cut into wedges (remove skins if desired)
- 4 eggs, scrambled
- 1 tsp ginger root, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar (yellow brick sugar if you have it)
- 2 tsp finely chopped scallions, for garnish, if desired
- salt, to taste
- Parcook half the eggs if desired. Remove runny eggs from pan.
- Heat oil and lightly brown ginger for a minute on high.
- Cook tomatoes, covered, for about 5-10 minutes until desired tenderness. Add water, a tbsp at a time, as necessary so they don’t scorch.
- Add oyster sauce, and the salt and sugar to taste.
- Stir in remaining eggs, and cook an additional minute.
- Stir in precooked eggs (if using) and serve.